Easter time isn’t quite right without participating in some crafting at home with the children, especially when the rain is pelting down against the window panes. If you’re looking for the alternate gift to give at easter rather than chocolate why not check out the Easter crafts on off at Yellow Moon
Yellow moon is the ideal shop for all of your crafting essentials, wether it be kits to make up, paints, clay, sewing kits and much more, Yellow moon stocks them all.
We was recently sent a box of arts and crafts goodies for Easter to enjoy, In our box we received:
My boys are always excited when we receive a Yellow Moon box, they instantly know what the parcel contains as it has the instinctive yellow moon tape all around it which is yellow and blue. They can not wait to see what is inside, my youngest boy is a keen crafter. The kits are perfect for him as they teach him how to follow instructions, with step by step pictures.
- With the buttons we made a couple to cards to give out to members of the family. Buttons are ideal for crafting with and can be used on many different projects. The buttons come in an assortment of bright colours, they measure 15mm and made from real wood.
- The Easter Bunny sewing decoration kits are a perfect introduction to sewing, the kit comes with 3 pre-punched felt pieces in blue, purple and pink. The kit also contains self-adhesive felt shapes, wool, wiggle eyes, plastic sewing needle and stuffing.
We began with tying on the ribbon and then once the needle was threaded with the wool we was ready to begin to sew. This activity really helped my boys with their concentration, we had a few mishaps where the odd hole was missed out but it still looked good even if the boys added 5 eyes!
- A favourite of my youngest was the Easter Mosaic Wands, he instantly fell in love with the finished product. Each kit comes with four different characters; chick, lamb, egg and a bunny.
Includes: foam characters, wooden wand, self-adhesive foam tiles, ribbons
My youngest is 3 years old and he began to take off the backing from the mosaic tiles but got himself into a bit of trouble as they kept getting stuck together. The tiles were quite small so it was little fiddly but once the backing was off, placing them onto the foam character was easy as it was marked on as to where to stick them.
A really good thing about this kit and most other kits from Baker ross -Yellow Moon is that the instructions are easy to follow for the children. With no words and only pictures to follow my youngest was able to tell me what was happening next.
Once all the tiles were in place, you add the wand and some colourful wanderful magic by adding the ribbon, this makes waving the wand oh so much more fun!
- The foam birdhouse kits were fun and easy to make, again with simple picture instructions to follow. Each kit contains thick foam templates and self adhesive foam shapes and comes in two different colours. Although this kit is recommended for 5+ my youngest really enjoyed doing it (under adult supervision) The templates join together with a push in connection and once completed make lovely little easter gifts for friends or family members.
- We had fun with the wooden birdfeeders, once made the youngest gave them away as gifts to his childminder. Again they were easy to make with simple instructions to follow. The kit comes with pre-cut wooden pieces and cord to hang them with. Each piece slots in together and there is no need for glue, although we used a little in some places to secure it a little more. The birdfeeders were quick to make but it was the decorating that was the fun part.
We made two out of the 3 up, one my son decorated with the spring flower foam stickers and the other he painted to look like a house.
My children have really enjoyed making the Yellow Moon craft kits. It was lovely to see them making something that were proud of.
Brought to you as part of being a yellow moon blogger. This review contains my own pictures and words, no payment has been received apart from the craft kits.